Whether you're just getting into a new relationship or have been married a long time, you will eventually get tired of the same old romantic dinners and movie marathons for your date nights. When you reach this point in your relationship, it is time to be creative and think of ways you can throw fun and excitement into the mix.
Coming up with romantic date ideas could be difficult if you think that it always has to be a grand gesture of love as seen in fairy tales or Hollywood movies. Date nights don't have to be fabulous all the time!
To start, you and your partner must be open to trying new things on your date night. Explore romantic date ideas that challenge your routine. New activities may seem uncomfortable at first, but once you get the hang of things, you will understand how spicing up your date nights could be meaningful for your relationship!
Here are 24 romantic date ideas to try!
1) Take an evening walk. This one's pretty easy to do. After a long day, go for a walk with your spouse to clear your head and relax.
2) Play a board game. Put your game face on, it's to compete! Playing board games is a fun way to entertain yourselves.
3) Build a campfire. Roast marshmallows fireside and enjoy each other's company.
4) Organize a scavenger hunt. Plan a creative date with a romantic scavenger hunt! Leave clues that will remind your spouse of your romantic beginnings.
5) Do a sing-along. If you know how to play an instrument such as a guitar or keyboard, then dedicate romantic songs for each other.
6) Make your own pizza. Show off your culinary skills in a pizza-making contest! Compete to see whose pizza tastes better while making sure you both have fun in the process.
7) Go camping in your yard. Pitch a tent and sleep in a sleeping bag for two. Cuddle up and try to get warm.
8) Watch the sunset. Bring the feeling of vacation in your home. Find a spot perfect for sunset viewing.
9) Play 20 questions. Connect with your spouse by asking things you still don't know about him or her yet.
10) Create a bucket list. Set your goals as a married couple!
11) Have a wine night. Enjoy a bottle of wine with your spouse and engage in a flirty conversation.
12) Go for a night swim. Give each other a reason to show off some skin. Make out in the pool, talk, then make out again.
13) Set up a blanket fort at home. Build a romantic indoor fort for your date night and transform your living room into a date destination.
14) Get ice cream. Ice cream with your favorite person in the world? It's always a romantic date idea.
15) Play dress-up and take portraits. Have a camera? Look dashing for a casual photo shoot! This romantic date idea encourages couples to impress each other with their best look.
16) Have a spa night. Set the mood and pamper each other with a spa night at home.
17) Make a scrapbook together. Look back at photos when you first started dating, and other relationship milestones. Put together a scrapbook and appreciate the journey you share.
18) Work out together. Challenge yourselves to an exercise routine and get fit together. This might not be your first choice for a romantic date idea, but you’ll be surprised to find yourselves enjoying!
19) Head to a drive-in movie. Hop in the car and hit up a drive-in theater with your spouse!
20) Plan a picnic. Nothing wrong with going back to basics, picnics! Be it on the bed, on the living room floor, or right in your balcony, eating your favorite snacks on a blanket can bring you teenage-like energy.
21) Stargazing. Share childhood stories while you're out in your patio looking at the stars. Nighttime invites people to be more emotionally vulnerable.
22) Ride bikes. Why biking? Catch the fresh air outside while exercising with your favorite person at your side.
23) Try painting. Here’s an artsy yet romantic date idea. Spark your creative energy and learn paint on your date night. No experience is necessary!
24) Dance Salsa. Nobody knows your partner's moves like you do. Bring out your sexy, energetic, and fun spirit when you dance Salsa on your date night! Now there’s a way that you can learn at home together for free! Check out this free date night salsa class for couples at home.
These romantic date ideas create a unique and fun experience for you and your spouse. Keep in mind that your date night doesn't have to be perfect! It’s not about what you do or how much you spend on it. If you snorted out laughter, learned a new skill, and did an activity together, then it’s mission accomplished! You're having a wonderful time out on the date.
Salsa Dancing: Best Romantic Date Idea!
Do you have interest in Salsa dancing? Connect deeper and reignite your passion as lovers! Check out Date Night Salsa, a dance course designed to help couples bring back youthful energy in long-term relationships!